Saturday, July 14, 2007

Michael Bay Did Not Ruin Your Childhood

In response to harsh criticism over his new movie Transformers, Michael Bay has issued several statements regarding the film.

Critics have charged that his film did not remain true to much of the cartoon's premise, that it contained a lot of material inappropriate for children, and that the Autobots--and Optimus Prime in particular--were made goofy, rather than noble and heroic like in the original cartoon.

"There's a lot of talk out there on the internet about 'Michael Bay ruined my childhood," said Bay. "All these children of the 80's just need to relax, get off the computer, and go outside once in a while. I mean, what do I look like, Doc Brown with his DeLorean? I don't have a time machine. I can't go back and ruin your childhood. Your childhood is intact, just the way you remember it.

"Clearly, I'm only ruining your kid's childhood."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home